COVID Conversation Series – Wichita State
In this Region IV COVID Conversation, we talk with Karolina Mosa and Luke Mozena from Wichita State University’s Campus Recreation. Their facility has been open since June 1. During our conversation, they highlight a few key changes and updates as they reconfigured some of their spaces and operations. They highlight a few challenges, including a potential exposure incident involving five student employees attending an off-campus party which was attended by a COVID-positive individual, and how that impacted their staff schedule. Finally, they provide some advice!
For more details regarding WSU’s reopening, check out these resources:
- Summer Staff Training PowerPoint
- Wichita State University Expectations for Employees Working on Campus – this is the link from the presentation; this training was created for all WSU employees and is not specific to Campus Recreation
- Campus Recreation COVID-19 Safety Plan: Phase 1
- Photos of Signage and Physical Distancing
Please note, aspects of the reopening plan may have changed since initially implementing. Check out their COVID-19 Safety Plan page on their website.
Here is the contact information for the individuals from this conversation:
- Karolina Mosa, Associate Director for Facilities, Reservations and Student Personnel – email@example.com
- Luke Mozena, Interim Facility Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget you can check out NIRSA’s Reopening Considerations: A Framework for Campus Rec as an invaluable resource to guide conversations with your team!
Stay healthy, safe and well, Region IV!